The aims of the Programme are to:
- Enable you to acquire knowledge and practical skills in CBT and third wave approaches in clinical psychology as applied to adults experiencing anxiety and depression
- Develop a sound understanding of cross-cultural issues in the practice of clinical psychology within and outside the UK
- Develop an understanding of professional issues associated with the practice of clinical psychology within and outside the NHS, including ethical practice and the development of an understanding of the boundaries of your competence following completion of the Programme
- Enable you to develop your knowledge of the skills of leadership and management and apply these in the work setting
- Develop your critical faculties, through team working, and project management skills by undertaking an original research project
The core purpose and philosophy of the Programme will be regularly reviewed through the Psychology Department Programme Board.