DEP: Year 3 – 5.2 Thesis Format
Notes to candidates on the production, submission and examination of Theses for postgraduate research degrees can be found here: click here
As of this year, all PGR theses are to be presented in the order outlined below ie. you should just include a single thesis abstract and a single list of references. In a single bound volume, thesis material should be arranged in the following sequence:
- Title and subtitle
- List of contents
- List of tables, illustrations etc.
- List of accompanying material, if any
- Author’s declaration
- Definitions, abbreviations used
- Text, divided into chapters, sections etc.
- List of references
Two soft bound versions and one electronic version (submitted via eAssignment) of the thesis are to be submitted by the deadline, with the final hard bound and one e-copy submission required post viva, and subject to the approval of any required corrections. In addition please note the following:
- The word limit for your thesis is 20000 words; approximately 10000 words for the literature review and 10000 words for the empirical project. This word limit does not include tables, figures, quotes (as in qualitative studies) nor Appendices.
- Citations, quotations and references, should follow the specification outlined in the 6th version of the APA Publication Manual.
- You can use your research budget to cover the costs of binding (if you have unused funds).
- The electronic copy of your thesis will be submitted to Turnitin via eAssignment.