Delays and Extensions
Delay in Coursework Submission
A delay in submitting coursework (without a valid reason) will result in a loss of 10% being deducted from the overall mark, for up to five days beyond the agreed deadline. For work submitted more than five days late this will automatically receive a mark of zero. Please see table below for more details:
Requesting the Extension of a Coursework Deadline
For more guidance on extension requests including examples of circumstances likely to be accepted/rejected and examples of evidence required please see the University’s official Guidance.
Here is the procedure for requesting an extension:
- The maximum extension that can be applied for is usually two weeks. If two weeks is not sufficient then you will need to discuss this with someone from the Psychology PG Student Support team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- You should complete the Extension Request form and submit it together with supporting documentation to the Student Office (Level 2 in Psychology; (email@example.com) and to Psychology Student Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Extension request forms must be submitted before the assessment deadline, ideally at least 48 hours in advance.
- Once the form is received, the extension will be approved or rejected by Psychology Student Support (email@example.com) as soon as possible (usually within two working days).
- Once the deadline is approved, the form will be processed by the Student Office to add the extended deadline to the assignment submission system.
- Until you have received the outcome of your request from Psychology Student Support, please assume that the original deadline stands. You will be informed of your new deadline or that your request has been declined as soon as possible.
- If an extension is approved and you feel that the assignment was still affected by your circumstances, please submit the Special Considerations Request form.
If you cannot for some valid reason promptly complete and submit the relevant form, then please notify the Student Office (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org) and Psychology PG Student Support (Email: email@example.com). Alternatively, arrange to have someone else either contact these parties or submit the form on your behalf.
If you have any questions about the extension process, or need additional academic or pastoral support as a result of your exceptional circumstances, please do contact the Psychology PG Student Support team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Work submitted late and accompanied by a special considerations form will be marked as usual and the penalties applied in the above table. The Special Considerations Board would then meet to consider the circumstances and decide whether the original mark or a penalised mark should stand. The Board of Examiners ratifies the recommendation of the Special Considerations Board. Please see section on Special Considerations for further information.