Southampton Education School has:
- a long established record of delivering high quality Initial Teacher Education
- a strong Partnership with local schools and colleges
- experienced, well-qualified course tutors
- a reputation for training high quality teachers
- world class facilities to support research and develop pedagogical understanding
Support at University:
- Every trainee teacher is entitled to a range of experiences in the Partnership that enables them to demonstrate achievement in relation to all the Teachers’ Standards or the Professional Standards (May 2014) for FE
- You will have your own personal tutor at the University (known as a Curriculum/Professional Tutor)
- Your Curriculum/Professional Tutor will visit you in school each term to observe your teaching and support your training (there are similar arrangements for FE)
Learning at University:
- A programme of training days in the University with your Subject Tutor.
- University based days will include a mixture of subject specific and generic themed work.
- Guidance on the completion of the 3 Masters Level assignments and marking of the same by University Tutors.
- Research-led teaching and the opportunity to work in a linked theory-practice environment.