Currently, there are 8 websites aimed at secondary schools, including A-level students and teachers, and further education.
Hospital Heist (out now!)
- Resources enabling schools to run a full day of activities for KS2/KS3 students.
- Covers fingerprinting, document analysis, ballistics, and fibre analysis.
- Teachers can find lesson plans, resources, slides, and more.
- Students can find fun interactive activities, and some basic information about the key topics.
Discover Neuroscience (out now!)
- A page covering neuroscience projects, EPQ advice, lessons, and more.
- Teachers can find lesson resources, worksheets, where to source specimens, and SO much more.
- Features UoS’ own Changing Minds project merging neuroscience and fashion! (so cool!)
Discover Oceanography (out now!)
- Information for teachers and students available.
- Teachers can find teaching resources and classroom activities.
- Students can find pages explaining different areas of oceanography.
- Includes fun activities such as quizzes, drag and drop exercised, and even sudoku to test knowledge.
- Links to the main Discover Oceanography website which explains more about the boat trips offered.
Southampton English Podcasts (page available online)
- Includes a series of podcasts discussing key English texts.
- Created to aid GCSE and A-level students in their studies.
- Information regarding previous and ongoing research projects, as well as details about further education in English can be found elsewhere on the website.
Philosophy Café Podcasts (page available online)
- Philosophy Café ran from 2009-2014 to provide philosophical stimulation in a relaxed atmosphere
- All events were recorded and are now available on the archive page in the form of podcasts
- Information about exciting ways people can get involved with Philosophy, including 6th form Philosophy conferences, can be found elsewhere on the website
History Outreach (website available online)
- Resources provided by the history department at the University of Southampton, from over 40 scholars
- Information about a large range of teaching and research topics, including several specialist topics
- Lectures, UCAS support, podcasts, and work booklets can be found, assisting both teachers and students
Discover Electrochemistry (in progress)
- Website educating people about electrochemistry through exciting videos.
- Features information about interesting and novel projects/research.
- Information included on how to study electrochemistry after school.
Education in the green space (out now!)
- Has an EIGS guidebook that aims to help teachers take the classroom outside into the green space.
- Teachers can find worksheets to use that fit in with the National curriculum both for primary and secondary.
- Additional help and support for teachers in other areas to make it as easy as possible to take the classroom outside.
Discover Photonics (coming soon)
- More information to follow.