Firstly you must make sure that you have completed your research profile, please follow the link at the top of your Research Dashboard to complete your profile. This is required before you can gain access to the project system.
The sign up process is as follows:
1. Go to your research dashboard at https://www.efolio.soton.ac.uk/research/.
2. Click the tab called ‘Available Projects’, you will see a list of all projects that are available to you (these are the projects that you are eligible to take).
3. Click ‘More Details’ button next to any available projects to view the project details, a popup window will appear showing you what experiments are available in the project.
4. Click the ‘Sign Up’ link next to the experiment you wish to participate in, this will take you to the Sign-up screen.
5. On the sign-up screen you will see a list of available time slots for your chosen experiment, simply choose one that is suitable and click the ‘Book This Slot’ button. You will see a sign-up confirmation message, and will receive an email from the project admin confirming your place.
Once you have booked a slot you will then be able to review the details from your research dashboard by clicking the ‘My Upcoming Experiments’ tab. This tab holds all of your upcoming participation times and locations.