Promoting a child’s language development can be a challenge but also is wonderfully rewarding. This module aims to be broad enough to include principles to help all children to maximise their listening and communication potential. Even if a child’s language seems to be “taking off” well naturally, adults can still help to accelerate progress.
- What are the communication options for a child with a cochlear implant?
- What factors are important to consider in the early stages after implantation?
- How to support a child with a cochlear implant with language development in pre-school.
- Understanding the importance of social interaction.
- What resources are available to support pre-school staff?