Children with cochlear implants will use all sorts of different methods of communication and USAIS supports all options. It is vital that a young person can communicate and interact with others without frustration. Language is important to acquire, it doesn’t matter which medium as long as they develop a language base.
By secondary age most young people will have established their preferred method of communication and maybe even use two or more approaches alongside each other.
- What are the communication options for teenagers?
- How can we optimise the learning experience?
- What are the social and emotional considerations for teenagers?
- How can we ensure students perform at their best during exams?
- How can you support a child moving on from school?
- How can groups work together to promote understanding?