By the time hearing children attend pre-school they have more interactions with other children than they do with adults. – Learning Language and Loving it, by Elaine Weitzman.
Development of social interaction with others can be a challenge for primary aged children with cochlear implants. Click on the key areas below to find out more about how you can support the child.
- What are the communication options for a child with a cochlear implant?
- What factors are important to consider in the early stages after implantation?
- How to support a child with a cochlear implant with language development in primary school.
- Understanding the importance of social interaction.
- What resources are available to support primary school staff.