Who are we working with?
“Adolescence is a time of unparalleled threat, change, challenge and opportunity. Nowhere else in human development do we encounter such a major transformation in such a short time in so many domains: our bodies, minds, abilities, and interpersonal relationships.” –Steiner H (1996)
Students at secondary school may be experiencing;
- Exam / school pressure
- Hormonal and physical changes
- Peer pressure
- Doubts about their self image
- Extreme feelings and emotions
But for students with cochlear implants, add deafness to the mix…
- What are the communication options for teenagers?
- How can we optimise the learning experience?
- What are the social and emotional considerations for teenagers?
- How can we ensure students perform at their best during exams?
- How can you support a child moving on from school?
- How can groups work together to promote understanding?